My progress this week:
- As I write this post, I'm about 30-60 minutes of writing time away from a first draft of my next VoiceCatcher article, which is due to my editor tomorrow.
- I've started writing the poem for Josh Hewitt.
- I've started drafting the blog post on rubrics for my friend Kim.
- I've talked to a few people about "Unborn" and have some ideas for revising it.
- I began brainstorming my goals for ROW80 round 2 (starting April 1).
A couple things I did prior to this week but had forgotten to mention:
- Two Thursdays ago I went to a reading at Rain or Shine and heard three middle school students and their two writing group facilitators read. What struck me most was how clearly influenced the young writers are by what they usually read. I thought it was pretty neat.
- A week ago today I attended a reading at Stonehenge Studios, where I ran into Willa Schneberg, about whom I wrote this article, and where fell in love with the poetry of Jodie Marion, who read from her chapbook Another Exile on the 45th Parallel and who also happens to have three poems in the Winter 2013 issue of VoiceCatcher.