02 October 2013

Writing prompt 18

It's Wednesday! Time for the weekly writing prompt.



Prompt
Your superpower

This month I'm working on a short story that was inspired by frequent thoughts of how much better my life would be if there were more than one of me. When I started thinking seriously about it, I realized there would be some pretty big disadvantages, too. What superpower do you wish for? What would you do with it? What are its limits? How would your life be different if you were born with this power? What would the down side(s) be to having it?

If you're a non-fiction writer, another way to interpret this prompt would be to think about the gifts you already have and the ways in which they both help and hinder you. For example, empathy helps me connect to other people and form deeper relationships with them, but the ability to see a situation from the other person's perspective has also led me to question the validity of my own perspective and feelings, which in turn can lead to confusion and self-doubt.

P.S. Did you know that every Wednesday is Writer Wednesday on Twitter? Check out #WW to connect with other writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment