02 October 2012

Nominated for One Lovely Blogger Award

Was checking my blog stats last week (or was it the week before?) and noticed there was traffic coming from Josh Magsam's blog, The Cognitive Turn. Followed the referring link and found out he'd nominated me for the One Lovely Blogger Award! Awww...so sweet! Many thanks to Josh for the nomination.

Now lessee...there were some rules about this thing. Ah, here they are:

The Rules

  1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (Check.)
  2. List seven random things about yourself. (See below.)
  3. Nominate fifteen (gah! thatsalot!) other awesome bloggers. (Also see below.)

7 Deadly Sins Random Things

  • When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up to be a bride (it was all about the dress, the attention, and the party)
  • I have been to Disneyland more than 10 times
  • I'm a native Oregonian, but not native to Portland
  • I'm in the process of quitting smoking for the second time (which, some would argue, means I never actually "quit" the first time, merely "paused," to which I reply: =*P)
  • Things I have been known to do in my sleep: grind my teeth, smack my lips, talk, sit up, "look around" with my eyes open, turn on the bedside light
  • Today is my fourth official day of being self-employed, and it still hasn't sunk in yet 
  • I love lists

15 9 Other Awesome Bloggers

There aren't 15 blogs I follow, so here are nine of the 11 I do follow (the other two aren't appropriate nominations), and that's gonna have to do. These are all completely different blogs, and all entertaining/thought-provoking/beautiful in their own way. Enjoy.

Sweet Nugget by Carrie Padian
Scribbling Truth with Crayons by Jeffrey Gardner
Heather McLendon
Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh
The Gero-Punk Project by Jenny Sasser
PrattleNog by Melanie Booth
Actionable Data by Kim Firth, et al.
An Interdisciplinary Lens by Nancy Gibson
Blargfargle Crumpets by St. Eve (this one is brand new but promises to be highly entertaining)

No comments:

Post a Comment