11 April 2013

A slight change in direction

As followers of this blog will know, one of the goals I've recently set for myself is to "try to stop trying to do so much." Hah! Easier said than done. But dang it, I'm trying! And to prove it, I've made some changes to this site. Namely, I've removed references to the tutoring and consulting parts of my business.

Why? Two reasons. First, honestly, I have enough to do keeping up with my writing and the editing part of the business. And second, after getting some good constructive feedback on this website today from my fabulous business coach Jim Newcomer, I decided that I could stand to simplify.

So yes, my plan right now consists of growing the editing side of the business while keeping up with my writing projects. I do have some exciting ideas for this summer and fall that involve teaching classes or workshops and leading writing retreats, but I'm not quite ready to talk about them yet. Partly because they're still developing, partly because I don't want to jinx myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment