05 June 2013

Writing prompt 4

Earlier this week I was going back through my notebook--in which I write all manner of randomness as it flits through my head--looking for a particular note on my WIP and instead found a paragraph that I thought might make an interesting prompt for this week.

This week's prompt:
I'd always wanted to be a vampire. But then Jaime turned me into a werewolf. Mostly just to be an a--hole, I think. Because he could, and he knew it would piss me off. But it's not the kind of thing you do on a whim, you know? I mean, it's my life we're talking about here, for f---'s sake. And do you know how f---ing embarrassing it is to be a hairy girl? A girl with sideburns?! I didn't want f---ing sideburns. I wanted pointy teeth and pale skin and a vampire lover.
One way to use this prompt would be to write the rest of the story in the same voice, from the first person point of view, in a minimum of 150 and a maximum of 500 words.

Another way to use it would be to write your own fiction, creative non-fiction or poetry piece based on the structure: "I wanted to _____, but instead _____ happened." Or you could just make a whole list of things based on that structure and see how creative/crazy you can get.

Whatever you do, I hope you have fun with it and treat it as play. =*) Happy writing!

2 comments:

  1. I so love this prompt... I will have to work on something or somethings with this.. soon. You know I'm partial to vampires but werewolves have so pros too. Oh the possibilities.
    LOVE THE PROMPT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! If you do end up working with this prompt, I'd love to see what happens. =*)

      Delete