27 November 2013

Writing prompt 24

Today's blog post contains this week's writing prompt and a ROW80 update.



Prompt
A true test of friendship.

I think this one works equally well for fiction, creative nonfiction and poetry. If you're writing fiction, think of a character (either existing or new) and write about what would test her or his friendship. If creative nonfiction or poetry, write about an experience you had or a hypothetical situation that would be a true test of your friendship. At least five minutes of freewriting. Go.

ROW80 Update
"A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life." You can find a more complete description of my goals for 2013 Round 4 here.

1. & 2. Drafting & revising. Still no progress. Latest excuse: I've been sick! Plus the house is still on the market. I think I'm just going to have to take it easy on myself regarding these goals for the next couple of months. I'm not particularly interested in self-flagellation, and I'm confident that I will come back to these stories and finish the collection soon enough.

3. Blog schedule. Took a break from the blog last week to sleep my cold off, but I'm back on track this week (even writing this post a day in advance so that everything's in order when I travel for the Thanksgiving holiday!) and excited to have an interview with Greg Gerding from University of Hell Press on the blog this Friday. Woot!

4. Submitting. My Duotrope submissions tracker says that I last submitted a bunch of poems to Gravel nine days ago, so that's good.

5. Rain or Shine reading series. I was so disappointed to be too sick to attend last week's reading. It sounded like it was going to be awesome! Sigh. No reading this week because of Thanksgiving, so nothing to report here.

6. ROW80 community.  Again, no progress due to last week's illness. Goal is to check in with three participants before I leave for Thanksgiving stuff.

This is a blog hop! Click here to read other ROW80 participants' check-ins.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete