20 July 2014

ROW80 2014, Round 3, Week 2

This week was a busy one, but I'm proud to say that for once I didn't sacrifice the writing. Yay! I continued to enjoy a fairly free flow of creativity, which came out not only in the creative project that's a priority for me right now but also in some creative nonfiction captured in my journal and on the travel blog.


"A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life." 

As I mentioned in my goals post for this round, I'm taking it a month at a time. My progress on this month's goals is as follows.

Get out & about for at least 2 hrs/day - Since writing was not the thing that I sacrificed this week, getting out and about was. I did get out for at least an hour a day, but until today (Sunday), that was it. Today, however, I got out for several hours. I didn't go far, but I did get to practice speaking and listening to French for an extended period of time, which is a two-birds-one-stone type situation, so I'm happy. (Especially since I learned a good colloquialism with swear words in it.) This coming week I expect to have more time to wander, so I plan to walk over to Sacre Coeur as well as go down to the Seine, perhaps via the Champs-Élysées.

Improve my French - Yes! This is actually happening! Woot! =*D I'm not going to say that I don't still suck at French. I do. But I do notice that the rusty gears in my head seem to have gotten a little oil. My main form of practice these days comes in the conversations I get into with random people down at my regular cafe-bar over my daily cup of café au lait. Hey, if it works...

Finish first draft of pseudonym's WIP2 - I've finished transcribing all my handwritten notes and now have a Shitty First Draft that is roughly about half the length of what I expect the Official First Draft to be. I've sent it to my developmental editor; we're going to talk this week; and over the next two weeks I'll be fleshing out, tightening up, and smoothing over til I get to something I'm not ashamed to let my beta readers see.

Two blog posts per week - Goal exceeded, as I not only posted once on my travel blog but I also posted twice on this one because I got a random idea for a writing prompt I wanted to share. Hurrah! And because I'm posting this check-in and I posted today on the travel blog, I've already met the goal for the coming week as well. Double hurrah!

What are your writing goals for this coming week?

This is a blog hop! Click here to see other ROW80 participants' Round 3, Week 2 check-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment