22 February 2016

Writing prompt 66

As longtime followers of this blog will know, from time to time I get an idea (or a line of dialogue or an image) that I really like but am probably not going to do anything with because I have too many writing projects in the works already.

The following lines popped into my head sometime last week. I wish I could tell you an interesting story about where I was at the time or why it occurred to me, but of late my life's been so full that I'm lucky if I remember in the afternoon what I did in the morning.


Prompt
There are two kinds of people in this world: those without eyes and those with them. I never did trust the seeing kind.


For those who may be new to writing prompts, the idea is to jot it down and then just write down anything that comes to mind for the next 5 to 15 minutes - words, images, memories, whatever. It doesn't have to be coherent. It doesn't have to be correctly punctuated. It could be a bunch of silly non-words, even. The idea is just to write and not control it. It's like shaking your brain loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment