Today's post also includes this week's ROW80 update.
The Citron Review
- Online publication since 2009 - everything free to read online.
- Non-paying market.
- Publishes poetry, micro-fiction, flash fiction, creative non-fiction, photography and digital art.
- Previously unpublished work only.
- Submissions accepted via Submittable only.
- If accepted, they get First Internet Publication Rights & 3 months Exclusive Rights.
Other: Check out this link for editors' picks and blog posts about what they look for in submissions.
Verdict: Appropriate place to submit some of my poetry and flash cnf & a good place to visit for inspiration.
1. a) & b) Nothing to report.
c) Woo hoo! Fantastic progress. Julie Hutchings, author of Running Home, an urban fantasy coming out soon with Books of the Dead Press, has agreed to do an interview for this month, and Jay Ponteri, author of Wedlocked, a heart-wrenching and honest memoir published in February 2013 by Hawthorne Books, has agreed to be interviewed for August. =*D So happy!
d) Missed posting a prompt this week. Will get back on it next week.
2. Did a little bit of creative writing this week, though no full 30-minute sprints. However, I did better this week than last, so I'm going to celebrate that as progress. Goal: do even better this coming week.
3. Market research done & posted above. Yay! I want the next one I research to be a paying market.
4. A friend has agreed to introduce me to someone at a local press. Hooray! Just waiting for the introduction so I can follow up on it.
5. Gack! Nope. Totally dropped the ball on responding to other ROW80-ers' posts. Will do better in the coming week.
This is a blog hop! Click here to read the other ROW80 participants' check-ins.