06 April 2014

ROW80 2014, Round 2 Goals

"A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life."

Round 2 of A Round of Words in 80 Days starts tomorrow, April 7. This round I'm focusing on being reasonable about my goals. I've learned quite a bit about myself as a writer and self-employed person over the last year and a half, and I think I'm starting to get it. (Famous last words? We shall see.) Part of my thinking is inspired by this post by Dawn Montgomery, full-time author and ROW80 participant, about writing burnout. I worked extra hard last month on finishing a first draft of a novel, and I'm noticing that I'm extra tired and not fully present mentally these days, which might be signs of my own burnout. (Or signs of having my head buried in another universe, take your pick.)

In addition to my penchant for setting crazy-ambitious writing goals/schedules, for setting this round's goals I need to take into account the fact that I'm going to be doing quite a bit of traveling over the next several months, first to the midwest and then on to Europe. (Poor me, I know.) The travel time, the adjustment to new time zones and places, not to mention the lure of exploring new environments will all have an impact on my available work time, which is why my goals this round are relatively modest by comparison.



Round 2 Goals

Writing
  • Work for a minimum of two hrs a day on pseudonym's WIP2 in April; aiming for completed first draft by the end of the month but no later than end of June.
  • Min. two hrs a day revising pseudonym's WIP1 in May; need completed second draft by end of May so I can send it to my copy editor before the ARCs go out.
Reading
  • Read something inspiring every week. (Same as last round.)
Community
  •  Read & comment on at least 3 fellow ROW80-ers' check-ins each week.
Health
  • Continue to exercise for at least one hour per day.
  • Continue to moderate my consumption of refined sugar, bread, cheese and alcohol.

This is a blog hop! Click here to see other ROW80 participants' Round 2 Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment