16 April 2014

Writing prompt 42

Happy Wednesday! It's time once again for the weekly writing prompt.

Yesterday I surprised the heck out of myself by not only submitting an application for an emerging writer fellowship but then also submitting a few poems to a literary journal. I'm not sure why I couldn't do that during the previous round of ROW80, when it was actually a stated goal, but whatever, I'll take it.

Anyway, the experience of submitting reminded me that I've had the idea before to use the upcoming themed deadlines in the Duotrope newsletter as a source for writing prompts/inspiration if I ever need it. (If you don't have a Duotrope subscription but you want to submit your fiction, poetry or creative nonfiction to lit journals and mags, I recommend that you sign up asap. It's awesome.)

So that's where this week's writing prompt comes from. Can you guess what it is?

Orig. image from fatfaceandme.com
Prompt
NINJAS!

I do so love me a good ninja tale.

This week's prompt is from Twit Publishing, who are looking for submissions for their "collection of short stories, poems, history, essays, novellas, non-fiction, and instructional essays about NINJAS!" But you have to hurry; the deadline for submission is this Friday, April 18.

So what are you waiting for? Start writing about ninjas!

No comments:

Post a Comment